Sunday, October 07, 2007

Mountain Dual Sport Ride


Blue


Me

Swinging Bridge over the Little Tennessee River, somewhere in NC


We crossed the Appalachian Trail at the top of one of the 5 0r 6 mountains we went over.


View from the top


We had 4 Riders Me DRZ400, Blue XR600 with almost 60,000 miles, Doc KLR650, and Herschel XL500(1980) with a knobby on the back.
This pix is taken at the store at the tip of Deals Gap http://www.tailofthedragon.com/


Being an avid Dual Sport rider and just moving to East Tennessee I've been looking for some folks to ride with and someone to show me some local roads. I love vintage motorcycles too so I joined the Time Warp Motorcycle Club, http://www.timewarpvmc.org/ I'm Member 125. after the meeting I introduced myself to another mew member, 124 , named Blue who had ridden in on a XR600 and he offered to let me tag along sometime.
We Meet at the Hardees in Vonore at 9:00 Saturday morning and head out, the first part was on pavement up Deals Gap always a fun ride through the twisties. We hit dirt and gravel about 30 miles later and the rest of the trip was mostly off road and about a 3 mile streach of jeep trail and powerline near the end of the ride that was pretty intense. By the time I got home I had traveled 293 miles in a little over 13 hours. I was dirty, sweaty, and beat down dog tiered, but with a big smile on my face.
It was a great ride and the group of folks to ride with.





Comments:
A 1980 XL500 , that dude must be hard core. That's cool as hell though.
 
Dick it was Very Cool but he had to be hurting, we probably did 80 miles of pavement. but it ran like a a top, never missed a beat. The only problem was the headlight had about 1 candle power so the last 30 minutes we had to put him in the middle of the pack so he could see. Herschel could ride a nice wheelie too.
 
Man, that looks like fun.
 
Riding a nice wheelie is always good. I sure as hell wish I could! haha

Looks like a helluva ride. Please look forward to me interloping.....
 
It was a blast

All Interlopers are welcome anytime. Maybe we could get some wheelie instruction from the Captian
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]