Saturday, May 06, 2006

My New Favorite Scooter


I picked up a used and slightly abused 2001 DRZ a couple weeks ago and man is this bike a HOOT!
This may be the best "back road banger" I have ever ridden, it corners fantastic and handles the humps and bumps better than anything I've ever ridden.
I took "Darla The DRZ" to some dirt roads in SE Hickman County yesterday afternoon and gave it about a 35 mile run. By the end I was fairly comfortable and looking for pot holes, puddles and rutts.
I'll be posting mods etc in the weeks to come. the first will be lowering ( 29" inseam and 37" seat height) you do the math.



Model
Suzuki DR-Z400S

Engine Type
Four-stroke DOHC, single cylinder, 4-valve, liquid-cooled,

Displacement
398 cc.

Bore x Stroke
90.0 x 62.6 mm.

Compression Ratio
11.3:1

Carburetion
Mikuni BSR36

Ignition
Digital / CDI

Starting
Electric

Transmission
5-speed

Wheelbase
58.5"

Suspension, Front
Telescopic, oil-damped, 11-way compression damping, adjustable spring preload

Suspension, Rear
Link-type, fully adjustable spring preload, 26-way compression damping

Tire Front
80/100-21

Tire Rear
120/90-18

Brakes, Front
Single hydraulic disc

Brakes, Rear
Single hydraulic disc

Seat Height
36.8"

Fuel Capacity
2.6 gallons

Dry Weight
291 pounds

Comments:
You're blog has been added to Clutch and Chrome's directory of Blogs at http://www.clutchandchrome.com/blog.htm

Feel free to look around the site!
 
Darla the DRZ? You're a nut!

Glad you like your DRZ, now we're really gonna' make it rock!
 
Yea, I'm starting to name my scooters now, I know "GET A LIFE".

and yep, I'm ready to get it rocking.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]