Wednesday, January 04, 2006

RG250 Gamma

This is 1984 Suzuki RG250 Gamma, the 250 GP bike of that era.
I pick it up from my storage building today, took it by the car wash to get the dust off and headed to the house to try to figure out what it was going tp take to get it running.
It had been sitting about 18 months and I thought a carb rebuild and general tuneup would probably do the trick, it was running when I parked it. Since the above mentioned task are over my mechanical ability I thought I would try to start it. Put the key in, and the dash lights lite up, hum got juice, turned the gas on, chocked it, kicked it one time and it FIRED UP. All my riding gear is laying in the garage from a ride on Sunday so I grabed my boots, jacket and hat and went for a spin. Some would poopoo a little 250, but let me tell you this little scooter is wicked fast, from 6000 to 10000 RPM's you best be hanging on and have a real good idea of where you're heading.
That's it for now.

Comments:
I can't imagine how cool you looked going down the road. GAG.
 
I gotta get a video camera
 
RGV Gamma!
Thanks for the sound waves and you're right, us Suzuki guys will sleep better knowing that you've rescued it!
 
There are few sadder words than, "It was running when I parked it." Every horror story I have heard started with that phrase. Tails of congealed gasoline, acid in the oil, rats eating the wiring. Good thing you got lucky. Might run some Seafoam through the fuel system just in case (to propitiate the motorcycle gods).
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]